This is tough... I have over 115 photos that I love and tell the story of the trip. I'm trying to keep this short, there might be some duplicates from eariler but if so, they are worth seeing a second time...
We woke up to absolutely amazing views and a clear sky around the Matterhorn. I just kept taking picture after picture and watching as the sun rose and the light went lower down the mountain. Finally, once everything was illuminated the clouds slowly started to come in filter around the mountain. The views remained fantastic until around 3 when the mountain clouded over and it got dark and stormy. It was a beautiful day. The picture series below is from our balcony and it starts at dawn and goes to 11 when we went on our hike and then continues around 3:30 in the afternoon when we got back. Since we have had Wren, Jeff and I decided that we should each have one day during vacation to do something by ourselves, in other words, a day to do something that is not kid friendly. Jeff’s kid free day was a day of down hill mountain biking. He rented a full suspension mountain bike, hired a guide and got a...
I started the day with a morning run. This is something I love to do on vacation and even more so now that we have kids. It gives me a little much needed “me” time, I get to cover a lot of ground and (TIM?) it keeps my digestive system happy. Sunrise. Such a nice morning. This covered bridge is called the Chapel bridge and was originally built in 1365. Inside of the bridge. The bridge is unique because of the paintings in the eaves. The paintings are from the 1700's. There were originally 147. Unfortunately, many of the paintings were destroyed in a fire in 1993. Only 30 of them have been fully restored. Our rooms are in the yellow building. A bigger view of the bridge across the river. Unfortunately, the Friday before our trip started, I hurt my left calf and it was acting up so it was a bit more of a walk with running intervals than a run with walking intervals as I prefer. I still covered a...
We woke up early today and went out to breakfast. We went to a little café in Lauterbrunnen and had interesting waffles. Mine was bacon, waffle, egg, banana and maple syrup (all on the waffle), Jeff had waffle, ham, egg, hummus and cheese. It was delicious and we just fed Wren from our plates. We took the lift up to Grutschalp and then hiked to Winteregg. The mountains were covered in fog and clouds but every once in a while they would peak though. The path was flat and easy. There was a fantastic playground at Winteregg and we stopped for a 30 minute play break. We started hiking towards Murrin and were almost there when we saw what we are calling the “cow parade”. Every fall the cows are taken from the upper pastures to the lower ones and they are decorated and they are walked down the mountain paths to Lauterbrunnen. We just accidentally were on the right path at the...
Comments
Post a Comment